Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows
Friday September 15, 2017
Holy Mother, pierce me through,
In my heart each wound renew
Of my Saviour crucified.
As we remember Our Lady of Sorrows, we need go through the pilgrimage of Suffering which Mother Mary went through in her life on this Earth. If I list down some of the main areas we can understand that her whole life has gone through suffering for the Salvation of the Whole World. Mother Mary was at the foot of the Cross from all the way from her encounter with Angel Gabriel at the annunciation.
- Mary is troubled when Gabriel Angel gave the good news of incarnation for she had made a vow of virginity. The Angel Gabriel explains, Holyspirit will overshadow her and the Child will be called Son of the Most High. Mary answers: “Behold the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done unto me according to your word.
- Joseph’s doubt on Mary of her virginity and the fear of stoning to death due to her Virgin Conception.
- Joseph and Mary go to Bethlehem to comply with the decree of Caesar The hour for Mary to give birth is near, but there has no room in the inn.In the stillness of the night, the Savior is born in a cave, She wraps Him in swaddling clothes and lays Him in a manger.
- Angel instructs Joseph to escape to Egypt with a new born Baby in the dark night and Mary follows Joseph to Egypt and lives there till Herod’s death.
- Simeon reveals”This Child is destined to be the downfall and rise of many in Israel, a sign that will be opposed.”And to Mary Simeon reveals: “And your own soul a sword shall pierce.”
- When Jesus was twelve years old and stayed behind at the temple , Mary feared of losing him from her motherly care due to his calling to do his Fathers Business the Salvation.
- When Jesus was rejected and ridiculed at Nazareth by calling Mary’s Son and tried to throw him from the Cliff.
- When Jesus was arrested and Condemned to un just death and the Passion of Christ.
- Jesus death on the Cross in front of her own eyes
- Jesus dead body placed on her lap
The sorrow of her heart was so great that her heart was martyred to reveal the secret thoughts to every faithful heart. Mary becomes a mediator of the Salvific grace between Holy Spirit and Jesus. She is a short cut to heaven and many faithful have put their trust in Mary’s intercession and interference to achieve the salvation of their life. Mary and Jesus are not two separate beings but one in heart, mind and Body the flesh of flesh. She is the Mother of Jesus so God used her flesh to turn the Word to flesh and there is nothing withheld from Mother Mary. The suffering and life of Mary are for one cause of the Salvation of the Whole mankind. Let us offer our Sorrows and Suffering in the Bosom of Mother Mary on Which Jesus Body is laid due to the Sins of the Whole World. Jesus will resurrect with his new Spiritual Body and give us a new spiritual body.