Febreury 8th 2020
Monday of the 5th Week of Ordinary Time
Memorial of Saint Scholastica, virgin
February 10, 2020
USCCB Podcast of the Readings:
I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will have the light of life.
Today’s Readings focus on the main characteristics of a follower of Christ. Many may claim to be Christians in our time but what Characteristics makes a person Christian. These characteristics distinguishes a Christian from all other Religious, Ethnic, Political , Cultural groups of our time. There seven Characteristics of a Christian
- Person of God: Person of God is a person chosen and called from the people who did not belong him in the beginning but set apart as a chosen person and a Royal priest.
- Person born of Faith: Person of Faith becomes follower of Christ not by physical birth but born in water and Spirit , the one who has transformation experience in repentance and born by faith in Jesus Christ and filled with the Holy spirit-Baptism.
- Messianic Person: The Messianic Person is a person who has been anointed with the Anointed(Christ) as his head and the anointing of the Holy spirit flows from the Head( Christ) to the Body ( the messianic person)
- Person of God’s Status : The status of these person that of the dignity and freedom of the sons of God, where holy spirit dwells in their heart and they are called the temple of the Holy spirit.
- Person of Christ Love : The person of Christ love lives as per the new commandment of love as Christ loved us.
- Person of Salvation : The person of Salvation or one who has saved , is a person of unity , hope and salvation for the whole World.
- Person of the Kingdom : The person of the Kingdom of God is a person who does God’s Business to spread God’s kingdom on this Earth which is the final destination of a Christian on this earth.
If we possess above Characters of Christ , then we will resemble like him and become light and salt to the Earth. It gives us a reflection to differentiate ourselves as Christians from other ways of life and just being naturally born as Christians by birth and not by faith.